Well Testing Operators (Weyburn, Sk) (28253a) Weyburn, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
EARN UP TO $10,000/YEAR IN BONUS (PAID QUARTERLY)
Weatherford Canada Partnership provides a wide range of oil and gas services to national, integrated and independent oil and gas companies around the world, using fit-for-purpose technologies. We are a dynamic, growing organization and offer a competitive salary with a quarterly bonus, benefits with no waiting period and a matched RRSP plan. We are currently hiring Well Testing Operators for our base in Weyburn, Saskatchewan. Positions are also available in Red Deer, AB and Grand Prairie, AB.
Experienced hands and entry level Operators would be provided hands-on training (week long school) and have the opportunity to advance into supervisory positions.
The Operator is an entry level position to gain operational experience in maintaining and operating various components of the Production Testing Services equipment. Working under the direct supervision of the Sr. Operator and/or Supervisor, the Operator will assist in safely carrying out rig-in/rig-out procedures, accurate data collection, reporting and performing general duties as assigned.
The Senior Operator provides operational experience in maintaining and operating various components of the Production Testing Services equipment. With little or no supervision, carry out rig-in/rig-out procedures, accurate data collection, computer reporting and performing general duties as assigned to ensure job specifications are met.
- Prepare and load equipment
- Ensure you are equipped with all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and clothing
- Arrive punctually and be prepared to work for the duration of the shift
- Perform rig-in and rig-out duties as assigned
- Operate equipment as assigned
- Perform equipment maintenance and repairs as assigned
- Accurately gather well data and record in a neat organized manner
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Utilize Self Study program
- Maintain close contact with the Supervisor regarding work assignments
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately
- Maintain open, professional communications with all crewmembers and company representatives
- Follow all safety rules and regulations including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
- Responsible for good housekeeping and cleanliness on location and in the shop
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous oilfield industry experience preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with less than 5 demerits
- Available to be "ON-CALL"
- Mechanically inclined
- Team player
- Valid H2S and First Aid Certification an asset
- Physically fit to meet job demands
- Ability to understand and interpret instructions both verbal and written
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
- Able to interact responsibly with crewmembers and company representatives
- Strong organizational skills to manage required paperwork
- Good computer skills using a wide variety of software programs
- Able to work successfully under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Successful completion of a pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol test
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.