QHSSE Coordinator (Nisku Area) (31223) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
- Providing support and coaching to management and staff to meet Legislation and Corporate QHSSE Policy and Rules
- Taking a leadership role in the development/implementation of the WFT QHSSE Management system through conducting systems audits, meeting overall WFT QHSSE goals and objectives to manage change, detect deficiencies within the QHSSE management systems by relying on experience, education and training;
- Assistance in program delivery, implementation of action plans, training and communications to management/employees.
- Preparing training schedules and coordinating/delivering QHSSE training.
- Participating in work site inspections to identify, assess and manage workplace hazards, assist management in the process to determine and prioritize root causes of accidents through comprehensive investigations and subsequent corrective actions.
- Assisting with monthly and yearly accident statistics and the auditing process
- Satisfactory completion of audits or other evaluation processes that verify the existence and effectiveness of QHSSE management systems.
- Implementation of proactive systems that lead to prevention of losses of all sorts.
- Participate in incident investigations with operational staff.
- Development of action logs or other methods of tracking corrective / preventive actions to ensure satisfactory implementation and closure.
- Ensure field crews have access to training and materials which enable and ensure the delivery of services in a safe, consistent, and efficient manner.
- Ensure licenses, permits and operating authorities required by the business are at all times complete and in good standing.
- Implement QHSSE systems and tools to reduce the risk to employees and the company.
- Conduct orientations for new and transferred employees.
- Conduct driver evaluations for employees.
- Maintain up to date data on HSE related training for employees
- Preparation of Safety Alerts, Bulletins, and Warnings to ensure effective communication of potential hazards to front line employees.
- Assist management in the preparation and presentation of safety related materials.
- Completed or currently enrolled in a university level Occupational Health and Safety Program
- CRSP designation an asset
- Experience in the upstream petroleum industry preferred
- Basic knowledge of local community, customer, and legislative expectations or requirements considered in the day to day activities of the business
- Working knowledge of MS computer software including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to coordinate required tasks on own initiative
- Team player with positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills and problem solving ability
- Good Verbal and written communications
- Exceptional listening skills
- Valid driver’s license & clean abstract
- Successful completion of a pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol test
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.