Human Resources Advisor (Edmonton) (28187) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Responsible for the support of approximately 350 employees across multiple locations in Central and Northwest Alberta as well as in an Edmonton manufacturing environment. The HR Advisor will work collaboratively as a business partner with our management team to provide solutions to everyday human resources issues to ensure each Product Line and facility continues to fulfill its business objectives. Under the guidance of the HR Manager, the HR Advisor will provide a broad range of HR services in the areas of Resourcing & Talent Management, Reward & Performance Management, Employee Relations, HR Systems & Processes
- Delivering HR solutions within demanding operational contexts displaying the capacity to successfully handle the transactional aspects of HR (ie. resourcing, performance management and reward issues) across a range of job types.
- Working in an engaged way and aligned with the business’ objectives showing insight and good judgment in support of the operations team to deliver commercially sound decisions and solutions.
- Assists in the effective implementation of change strategies at the ground level with the ability to connect broad business goals with the operation’s change agenda.
- Translate business objectives into HR solutions through appropriately setting the direction, targets, and metrics. Take responsibility to complete challenging projects or initiatives meeting criteria of time, cost, quality, and performance.
- Providing guidance in performance management and employee performance improvement plans, acting as a resource to operations management encouraging problem resolution through the promotion of positive employee relations.
- Work in partnership with Operations Managers providing good insight into broad business concerns and gaining support for key HR initiatives.
- Manage the effectiveness of HR processes and solutions identifying the needs and requirements of all internal customers and helping them navigate through the process.
- Demonstrate the ability to promote teamwork in order to meet stretching personal and business objectives. Work across multiple Branch locations to assist others in meeting their business objectives.
- Provide guidance and support for compensation and benefits inquiries
- Liaison with third party providers in the management of short term and long term disability matters and effective return to work programs
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline required
- CHRP designation or working towards
- A minimum of 6 - 10 years of generalist Human Resources experience is essential; experience in Oil & Gas or Manufacturing an asset
- Strong knowledge of Alberta employment law
- Experience with MS Office applications and HRMS (PeopleSoft)
- Excellant communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with all levels of contacts inside and outside the organization
- Demonstrated degree of commitment and initiative with a strong attention to detail
- Career fair and or trade show experience.
- Experience with creative sourcing techniques
- Willing to travel to support our business operations. Valid Driver's license and reliable transportation required
- Successful completion of a pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol test
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.