Financial Analyst - Wireline (Calgary) (31065) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
The Financial Analyst - Wireline will be located in Calgary and will have report to the Branch Controller. The position will be responsible for the day to day coordination and completion of the monthly accounting and reporting cycle for the Wireline group. This position will coordinate the product lines policies and procedures relying on and mentoring the administrative staff at the base locations. Specific duties would include:
- Maintain appropriate accounting systems, procedures and controls to monitor operational performance and safeguard the division's assets.
- Maintain a business partner relationship with operations to provide financial guidance and assistance.
- Coordination and preparation of monthly management financial statements;
- Review monthly financial statements for the division with operations personnel;
- Prepare/review journal entries, accounts receivable aging, account reconciliation's;
- Review monthly charges and invoices for inter-company billings;
- Review capital transactions and reconciliations;
- Ensure GAAP is followed consistently;
- Ensure compliant with SOX and participate in implementation of additional controls
- Provide balance sheet support: Review of A/R, DSO, GRIR, Inventory, Fixed assets, etc.
- Help prepare monthly, quarterly forecasts and annual budget.
- Assist in the preparation of the month end reporting package to senior management.
- Liaison with corporate accounting, internal auditors.
- Assist in adhoc requests as required.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Accounting, Finance or Business required
- Nearing completion of professional accounting designation
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Oilfield service industry or applicable public practice experience an asset,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel)
- SAP/BW preferred, JDE an asset
- Project management skills and ability to coordinate multiple deliverables and priorities
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi task and meet strict deadlines
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.