Manufacturing Manager (Edmonton) (28376a) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford®, a world class manufacturer in Edmonton, Alberta has an immediate opening for the position of Manufacturing Manager. Progressive Cavity Pump, a division of Weatherford®, is a recognized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of Propgressive Cavity Pumps and Positive Displacement Motors, worldwide.
An exciting opportunity exists in this manufacturing plant for the position of Manufacturing Manager. While fully endorsing and participating in the company Operational Excellence Program, the scope of this position is:
- Lead and manage a work force comprised of Production Supervisors, Lead Hands and a workforce of approximately 150 hourly paid employees on the shop floor.
- Mentor, energize and empower the team through effective leadership from the shop floor to the boardroom
- Identify, teach, train and implement initiatives for continuous quality improvement in safety, efficiency, quality, process and profitability through:
- Development, implementation and fine-tuning of standard work processes for manufacturing and operations
- Implement the use of Lead Root Cause Analysis and problem solving/troubleshooting efforts to solve inefficiencies
- Champion 5S and Visual Factory, including business plan boards, key performance indicators and job safety assessments
- Establish and analyze productivity measures
- Set individual and departmental objectives
- Participate with the Management Team to identify and implement inter- departmental and company initiatives for improving organizational effectiveness
- Support supervisors and lead hands to ensure Safety, Quality, Productivity and Environmental Compliance
- Evaluate and justify the need for new resources - manpower, equipment or material based solutions
- Occasional business travel will be necessary.
- In summary, this position is an opportunity to lead and successfully grow a dedicated team of experienced and knowledgeable people through challenging times in the oil and gas sector!!
- Engineering Degree (preferably Industrial or Mechanical Engineering) preferred
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years management / supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing process experience in fabrication, machining and service, with a focus on effective work order planning, process flow improvement and inventory control
- Formal training and experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Safety oriented
- Exposure to Statistical Quality Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and Job Safety Assessments
- Experience implementing and working within a formal plant maintenance program
- Thorough knowledge in manufacturing cost accounting
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, in a multi-task environment
- All employees working in safety sensitive positions are required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment, including drug and alcohol screening.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.