Fishing & Re-entry Coordinator (St. John's, NL) (20285ol) Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford is currently looking for a Fishing and Re-Entry Coordinator for our East Coast Operations in St. John's, NL.
The Fishing & Re-Entry Coordinator organizes and directs the day to day and ongoing business activities pertaining to the FRE product lines in the East Coast provinces, which include Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, and Newfoundland & Labrador. The activities are conducted under the guidance and support of the Intervention Manager and the East Coast Manager, in accordance with all of Weatherford Canada Partnership policies, processes, and all provincial and federal laws governing such operations.
- Organize equipment, shop personnel and Fishing Supervisors to meet ongoing and upcoming Fishing and Re-entry requirements.
- Works closely with Intervention Manager and customers to determine equipment requirements for upcoming jobs.
- Supervision, coaching/ mentoring of Intervention staff in conjunction with Intervention manager
- Adhere to company, policies, requirements and procedures at all times; specifically policies related to QHSE
- Build and maintain client specific fishing equipment binders
- Liaise with drilling and completions teams to review and recommend fishing and re-entry designs for steady state and critical drilling and completions operations
- Participate in well meetings regarding hazard and risk identification
- As required, perform and/or arrange for rig visits to perform audits of Rig Contractor FRE tool compliance and procedures
- Provide east coast customers with a single point of contact for Weatherford technology and service requirements and queries as it pertains to FRE
- Maintain high levels of service quality by implementation of Weatherford Canada Partnership and Global Operation systems and procedures
- Monitor department expenses and maintain within budgetary allowance
- Organize personnel days off and vacation schedules to ensure proper personnel coverage
- Work with Intervention Manager to organize global support personnel as required for specialty jobs
- Ensure that all field personnel maintain current industry training certificates (BST, H2S, WHMIS, TDG, First Aid, etc.)
- Organize personnel training to ensure competency to Weatherford's global EEP and Competency standard
- Enforce Weatherford QHSE, and business operation standards
- Personnel disciplinary responsibility
- Personnel performance evaluation (semi-annually)
- Supervise processing of field tickets to ensure timely submission and accuracy
- Maintaining an adequate and efficient level of inventory items appropriate to the level of activity
- Ensure that sufficient quantities of equipment and spares are available, identified, serviced and functional
- Assist with the assembly/servicing of all responsible products should the need arise
- Maintain a level of cleanliness and tidiness in the office, shop and yard to promote a positive corporate image and to provide an acceptable workplace for employees
- Routinely make field and office visits with customers to maintain and enhance relationships
- Assist customer, sales and field station personnel in the selection of equipment appropriate for the application
- Develop relationships with local oilfield firms to learn of business opportunities for all responsible product lines
- Continually meet and communicate with customers and salesmen to discuss new business opportunities or problem jobs.
Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time to assure 100% customer satisfaction
- 5+ years experience in oilfield fishing and re-entry in marine environments with documented competency (Fishing, Casing Exits, Drilling, Rentals, Casing & Wellhead Retrieval, Abandonments, Thru Tubing, and Repairs & Maintenance)
- Previous supervisory and client management experience an asset
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience training on product knowledge and operation procedures
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills essential
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean abstract
This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol Testing. In addition, this position may be required to work offshore and will be required to complete Basic Survival Training and Medical testing associated with offshore work.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.