Well Testing Supervisor (Weyburn, Sk) (28254a) Weyburn, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
EARN UP TO $10,000/YEAR IN BONUS (PAID QUARTERLY)
Weatherford Canada Partnership provides a wide range of oil and gas services to national, integrated and independent oil and gas companies around the world, using fit-for-purpose technologies. We are a dynamic, growing organization and offer a competitive salary with a quarterly bonus, benefits with no waiting period and a matched RRSP plan. We are currently hiring a Well Testing Supervisor for our base in Weyburn, SK. Positions are also available in Red Deer, AB and Grand Prairie.
Experienced hands and supervisors would be an asset however entry level Operators would be provided hands-on training (week long school) and have the opportunity to advance into supervisory positions.
The Supervisor operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner to ensure job specifications are met. This position supervises field personnel and assists Senior Operators as required including the training of new Operators.
Primary Responsibilities - Supervisor
- Select appropriate equipment, organize crews and arrange accommodations (if required) with the Operations Manager/Senior Supervisor
- Confirm equipment readiness
- Supervise the loading out of the job package
- Ensure that all required crew members are available and properly equipped with all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and clothing.
- Ensure that the job package is equipped with all required tools and spare parts
- Participate and/or conduct the pre-rig in safety meeting
- Assign/oversee all rig-in and rig-out responsibilities
- Assist with installation and perform function test of critical safety equipment
- Supervise the pressure test of all critical valves and systems as per required regulations and policies
- Perform a shift change safety meeting, hand over and walk around with the cross shift
- Ensure maintenance work is completed
- Review HAZOP concerns with all Weatherford operators
- Observe overall equipment operation to ensure potential problems are addressed immediately
- Conduct regular observations of all crew members ensuring that safe operating procedures are followed and all equipment is being operated in accordance to job specifications, applicable regulations and with Weatherford policy
- Report potential problems to Operations Manager/Senior Supervisor
- Maintain log of liquid and chemical volume levels on location
- Submit all required safety reports to the Operations Manager/Senior Supervisor and company rep
- Ensure completion of daily operational and maintenance forms
- Complete daily tickets as required
- Report all incidents and accidents to the appropriate Weatherford manager and company rep
- Ensure that all required shift maintenance is performed
- Ensure proper hand-over of equipment to the next shift
- Report any abnormalities in equipment to Operations Manager/Senior Supervisor
- Ensure proper lock out/tag procedures are in place
- Complete all written reports and forward in accordance with operating procedures
- 2+ years experience working in a well testing &/or production operations environment would be an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with less than 5 demerits
- Available to be "ON-CALL"
- Mechanically inclined
- Team player
- Valid H2S and First Aid Certification an asset
- Physically fit to meet job demands
- Ability to understand and interpret instructions both verbal and written
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
- Able to interact responsibly with crewmembers and company representatives
- Strong organizational skills to manage required paperwork
- Good computer skills using a wide variety of software programs
- Able to work successfully under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Successful completion of a pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol test
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.