Regional Quality Professional (St. John's, NL) (29446) Paradise, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
An exciting opportunity exists to join our team in setting a new Industry Standard.
Working closely with Regional Business Unit Manager and Local management and under direction of the Regional QHSSE team, the Quality Professional is responsible for the implementation and sustainment of Weatherford’s Operational Excellence and Performance System (OEPS). The Quality Professional will provide leadership for the development, implementation, communication and maintenance of the company’s OEPS and support system integrity.
- Demonstrate leadership, guidance and motivation to management and employees on OEPS as well as responsible for the implementation of level 2 and 3 OEPS Standards.
- Implement Global and Regional KPI’s, goals, targets, objectives, and strategies.
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain implementation strategies and OEP plans to bring the Regions processes and behaviors into compliance with OEPS requirements.
- Manage and maintain the Company’s internal quality audit program and assess improvement initiatives resulting from all Quality Audits – internal and external.
- Lead internal compliance audits and audits of third party suppliers in accordance with OEPS.
- Manage training and competencies of company personnel.
- Manage and maintain the Company’s quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods
- Report on timely basis to executive management on OEPS performance and results.
- Oversee operation management reviews and investigation of internal and external quality problems and, when necessary, developing corrective and preventive actions.
- Participate in reliability reviews and contribute to performance improvement initiatives. Oversee the companies behavior based Quality programs while supporting Kaizen, 5S and Lean Initiatives.
- Develop, review, and approve work control procedures, processes and documentation
- Implement the OEPS Corrective Action Program (CAP) and provides trending of Regional CAPs.
- Review quality assurance specifications, test reports and other documentation to ensure that safety and quality assurance requirements are met.
- Communicate and visit with customers on OEPS related issues and coordinate staff to solve identified concerns, failures and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the region is compliant with legal and regulatory requirements and environmental stewardship.
- Will monitor overall OEPS performance, compile relevant data, conduct analysis, investigations and take actions on performance trends while keeping corporate informed of results.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Quality, Engineering or equivalent combination of technical training and industry experience an asset
- Extensive experience implementing and sustaining Quality Systems – 7 years or 3 years with professional certification.
- 7+ Years experience in the oil and gas industry, offshore or drilling experience an asset
- Strong communication skills both verbal & written
- Exceptional time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to make effective presentations required
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with customer, regulatory agencies, management and suppliers, subcontractors and employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience operating within and a working knowledge of ISO/API and other regulatory organizations that Weatherford subscribe to
- Must have the ability to pass Weatherford Internal Quality Professional (QP) Certification Course
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- The following professional certification is not required but any of the following: CQM, CQE, CQA, CRE, CRMP, CRSP, are desired
- This role is considered safety sensitive therefore successful completion of a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol test are required
- Valid driver’s license & clean abstract required
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.