Shop Technician (31205) Longmont, Colorado
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Perform general shop duties including assisting Mechanics and Technicians in the performance of their jobs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Mechanics and Technicians in the maintenance, repair, and fabrication of equipment.
- Load and unload equipment and parts.
- Drive company vehicle to drop off and pick up parts and equipment from warehouse, shipping/receiving, and 3rd party vendors.
- Clean shop and yard area to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Operate the following equipment when required: forklift, chop saw, table grinders, crane, grinders, drill press, hose making machine, threading machine, pressure washer.
- Load and remove scrap material and haul off to the specified recycling facility.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Good Mechanical aptitude
- Good communication skills
- General maintenance experience
- Ability to take direction and work well within a group
Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and / or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
Clear driving record