Welding Supervisor (36087o) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Ampscot Products and Services, a division of Weatherford, is a recognized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of oilfield products aiding in oil and gas production worldwide.
The Weatherford Ampscot location, in Nisku, Alberta has the following opening: Welding Supervisor
Under the direction of the senior Welding Supervisor, the incumbent in this position will manage the daily operations of production while guiding the daily work of shop floor employees in accordance with the company safety and quality policies.
DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and provide direction to Welders, Machine Operators, Material Handlers, and R&M Technicians to ensure production targets are met each shift.
- Oversee the work of the employees to ensure it meets Weatherford Quality objectives as well as adherence to Safety policies.
- Monitor and document performance concerns and provide coaching to staff when necessary.
- Participate in progressive discipline when required.
- Communicate with the Senior Welding Supervisor, and other Management to ensure any issues are identified and addressed in a timely fashion.
- Inspect facilities for potential safety & environmental issues and make recommendations for improvement.
- Correct safety situations.
- Communicate with the Maintenance on issues beyond the ability of the welding shop.
- Hold safety meetings.
- Optimize production through training, equipment, tooling and work with Engineering on improving product drawings.
- Ensure all quality policies and procedures are followed.
- Monitor and maintain tooling and consumable inventory.
- Review work order variances and work with senior Supervisor to implement corrective action where required.
- Ability to train and mentor short service employees.
- Organize and prioritize material flow through the plant to maximize efficiency.
- Work with the safety department to comply with all safety training requirements of the employees.
- Use various software programs (ie E-Connect and ALR) to input employee information such as vacation time and daily hours worked.
- Ensure all employees time worked are recorded correctly and completely.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems manual, Operating and Technical procedures and workplace instructions.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years previous leadership experience
- Previous experience working in a Fabrication shop
- Strong working knowledge of all welding processes and procedures.
- Strong understanding of balanced production.
- Good communication skills- verbal, written and spoken.
- Must have good working knowledge of welding symbols.
- Strong interpersonal skills to give guidance, direction and assistance to others.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and specifications.
- Previous experience working with a Time Entry System
- Must be a certified Journeyman Welder.
- Weatherford is a progressive company and committed to quality employee programs.
- Hours of Work: This position is based on a 40 hour work week and may include 10-hour day or evening shifts, or 12-hour weekend shifts. There is a possiblity of overtime when required based on operational needs.
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully undergo medical, drug, and alcohol testing prior to commencement of employment, as well as hold a valid and clear driver’s abstract.
Please note that Nisku is located approximately 12 kms south of Edmonton with limited public transportation. The successful incumbent of this position will require reliable transportation.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.