Machine Operator I (W/E) (34290) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Ampscot Products and Services, a division of Weatherford, is a recognized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of oilfield products aiding in oil and gas production worldwide.
The Weatherford Ampscot location, in Nisku, Alberta has the following opening: Machine Operator
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, under limited supervision the Machine Operator will perform the specified duties to operate hydraulic presses, band saws, hydraulic punches and shears.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be competent in operating the shop fork lifts, overhead and Jib cranes to load and unload pallets and pallet tables.
- As experience is gained, participate willingly in training to learn different functions and jobs in the fabrication shop.
- Provide general labour support to the fabrication shop including but not limited to assisting the material handlers in moving parts and effective clean-up and the accurate and timely completion of paper work.
- Ability to perform basic preventative maintenance and visual inspections .
- Be punctual, reliable and be available to work unexpected hours.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Work proficiently within E-Connect system to view paystubs and submit vacation requests, etc.
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks within established timeframes, as directed.
- Must have the ability to visually recognize possible errors in welded components and in parts not yet assembled.
- Must be proficient in reading all measuring devises including squares, measuring tapes and levels
- Must have the ability to read and understand blue prints and bill of materials
The successful incumbent in this position will possess the following experience or knowledge:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Must possess mechanical aptitude
- Should be able to work closely with fellow employees
- Previous experience with material handling and movement preferred
- Overhead crane experience preferred
- Manual labour work experience preferred
- Previous experience operating a forklist in a safe and efficient manner
The preferred method of application is by submitting your resume on-line and applicants are encouraged to do so whenever possible.
- Hours of Work: Mo - Th days or nights; or Fri, Sat, Sun days
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully undergo medical, drug, and alcohol testing prior to commencement of employment. As well, a clean and clear driver's abstract is required for this position.
- Please note that Nisku is located approximately 12 kms south of Edmonton with limited access to public transportation. The successful incumbent of this position will require reliable transportation.
Weatherford was just recognized as one of the world’s most attractive employers and appears on LinkedIn’s Global 100 InDemand rankings! http://bit.ly/indemand2013
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.