Jet Pump Service Technician (Nisku, AB) (29272) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
WEATHERFORD is a recognized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of oilfield products aiding oil and gas production worldwide. Presently Weatherford Hydraulic Lift Systems (Jet Pump) based in Leduc, Alberta is recruiting for the following position:
As a Service Technician for the Hydraulic Lift division (Jet Pump), the person in this position is responsible for the servicing, assembly, and installation of hydraulic lift systems both in a shop environment and on customer lease sites. A Service Technician will be able to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision, both in the shop and also traveling to and from external customer locations. The successful candidate will be responsible for the set up of down-hole and surface equipment both in the shop and on customer locations. Additional duties may include assisting with all areas of operation for the Jet Pump divisions, including servicing, design and setup, inventory control and being able to provide customer service and technical support. This person will also have the ability to work under various time crunches that arise while utilizing demonstrated problem solving initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the Assembly, installation and repair of both downhole tools and surface equipment (triplex pumps) both in a shop and outdoor environment. Some work is outdoors and can be physically demanding and in all types of weather conditions.
- Required travel to well site locations and assists in servicing/ troubleshooting performance problems associated with the product line.
- Ability to work independently with no or minimal supervision and ability to deal with customers as required relating to servicing of equipment.
- Ability to supervise small crews effectively and intervene when necessary
- To be willing to work on applicable oilfield equipment throughout Western Canada.
- Safely operate Weatherford company vehicles in compliance with company policy, external customer requirements and Government regulations
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate required equipment associated with position
- Compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies
- Be prepared to work overtime hours, as workload requires.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years related experience on well locations in one of the following capacities: triplex pump servicing, down-hole tools, well testing, production operation, or construction and maintenance required. Combinations of relevant experience and education will be considered
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and physical test
- Previous experience operating and maintaining triplex pumps and separators
- The ability to obtain all required safety tickets for field work. (H2S, PST, First Aid, etc)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and computer skills.
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Capability of working overtime
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver
- Quality first attitude
- Ability to follow set work instructions both online and in print form.
- Familiarity with work process and ability to anticipate the next step
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Attention to detail with good mechanical abilities
- Being able to work as part of a team in a team atmosphere
- Willing to travel and work away from home for an extended period of time
- Willing to be on call as required
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.