Logistics Traffic/Customs Specialist (32685) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
The Logistics Traffic/Customs Specialist is primarily responsible for “Total Customer Satisfaction” for all external and internal Customers by providing on-time, accurate information for the shipment and receipt of International orders. The position is responsible for ensuring all products are moved using the most suitable transportation method or service available to meet the identified needs and priorities of our Customers and is responsible for supporting other team members with all aspects of Customer service. This position requires a team player with strong communication skills, ability to multi-task and JD Edwards experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete export documentation as required (i.e. Air Waybills, Ocean Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Commercial Invoices and Packing Lists for Consignees or Customers) complying with all methods and procedures to meet all International export regulations.
- Work closely with Freight Forwarders and other service providers to facilitate the movement of inbound and outbound International shipments.
- Complete Sales Orders with crating/freight costs and ensure final invoiced amount matches Purchase Orders, Quotations and Commercial Invoices.
- Provide pricing (direct and intra-company) for equipment to be exported.
- Mediation between Customer (direct and intra-company), Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Mediation between Weatherford, Crating Companies and Freight Forwarders.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of International inquiries and rebilling of all miscellaneous International expenses.
- Prepare quotations for export crating and freight.
- Liaise with Customers, Inside Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Shipping groups (including Crating company) for staging and completion of all International orders, providing scheduling requirements to all.
- Maintain contact with Crating companies to ensure Packing List descriptions and crate markings are accurate.
- Maintain and lower transportation costs by establishing efficient, reliable, cost-effective shipping methods for all products being shipped and ensure all transportation costs are charged to the appropriate internal cost centre or to our external Customer.
- Verification and audit of customs entries (tariff classification, origin determination etc).
- Maintain records that support the linking of procurement through to payment as required for audit by Canada Customs. Including but not limited to copies of Purchase Orders, Commercial Invoices, Customs Invoices, B13’s Bills of Lading/Waybills, Freight Contracts/Bills and correspondence with Suppliers, Customers, Customs Brokers and other relevant parties. Responsible for filing Duty Drawback claim etc, if and when required
- Execute best practices for coordinating the flow of goods and logistics information across all internal teams, departments and to customers.
- Ensure strong Supplier/Customer relations are upheld and maintain respectful and professional relationships with all levels of Co-workers.
- Track International orders for product lines.
- Collaborate internally with Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Sales departments and externally with International Clients, suppliers and service providers in matters relating to Customs and Logistics.
- Coordination of LTL, FTL, OD & heavy haul, air freight and ocean freight.
- Ensure adherence to company and departmental policies, procedures and practices. Keep up to date on all International Customs rules and regulations and participate or lead in quality and process improvement projects.
- Additional duties as required
- 3 + Years of Logistics Experience.
- College Diploma or University Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Certification or working toward certification from accredited Logistic program.
- CIFFA and/or Customs designation considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Customs and Freight Brokers requirements and procedures/methods related to Logistics and Transportation.
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines is essential.
- Must have excellent Customer service skills and possess the ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Proficiency with standard functions within electronic applications such as MS Office, Internet, MS Outlook etc.
- Self starter with a positive can-do attitude.
- Previous experience with JD Edwards a definite asset.
- Attention to detail, and ability to maintain accuracy while maintaining a fast, steady work pace is essential.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.