Material Handler (Overhead Crane / Forklift Operator) (28971) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Ampscot Products and Services, a division of Weatherford, is a recogized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of oilfield products aiding in oil and gas production worldwide.
The Weatherford Ampscot location, in Nisku, Alberta has the following opening: Material Handler
Reporting to the Fabrication Yard Supervisor, the Material Handler's primary responsbility will be to manage and stage material for production operators, maintain proper paperwork and assist in maintaining inventory levels, interface with production, warehousing, and logistics to ensure timely staging of products for manufacturing and shipment.
In addition, the Material Handler will:
- Ensure to follow safety requirements for self and for the safety of fellow employees
- Keep warehouse / product storage areas in order
- Ensure that Work stations have raw materials as needed.
- Store unused products in proper area when processes are complete
- Follow instructions from his / her supervisor and coordinate activities with other Material Handlers in other functional areas per need.
- Using power and manual tools, complete tasks efficiently and to quality specifications
- Unload incoming deliveries per quality work instructions.
- Take needed steps to protect warehouse contents against loss
- Report shortages and damaged material per quality work instructions.
- Stencil, label, palletise, and shrink wrap/band products for shipment.
- Load products for shipment.
- Maintain real time issuance and completion where needed.
- Use small hand tools and operate handling equipment as needed following standard safety measures
- Remain current with all applicable domestic and International rules and regulations and any safety tickets needed to fulfil his / her job.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment & ensure proper Housekeeping in his/her areas
- 100% participation identified workplace Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Actively participate in company safety procedures and programs: correct unsafe work practices or situations; follow reporting protocols for violations; participate in the Hazard Identification process
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager
Minimum Grade XII education; equivalency considered
- Demonstrated proficiency, through pre-employment testing, in reading comprehension, writing and basic math calculations in the English language
- Willing to learn or having knowledge and use of computerized equipment & familiarity with handheld RF scanners
- Previous experience with material handling and movement (large steel components)
- Experience in maintenance and housekeeping
- Experience operating a forklift and / or a loader (moving equipment) in a safe and efficient manner
- Experience operating an overhead crane to safely and efficiently move material
- Experience using hand and power tools
- Hours of Work: This position is based on a 10-hour M - Th shift with the possibility of overtime when required based on business needs. Please note that hours of work may changed based on operational requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully undergo medical, drug, and alcohol testing prior to commencement of employment. As well, a clean and clear driver's abstract is required for this position.
- Please note that Nisku is located approxiametly 12 kms south of Edmonton with limited access to public transportation. The successful incumbent of this position will require reliable transportation.
- Weatherford is a progressive company and committed to the quality employee programs.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.