Machine Operator I (W/E) (28519) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Ampscot Products and Services, a division of Weatherford, is a recognized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of oilfield products aiding in oil and gas production worldwide.
The Weatherford Ampscot location, in Nisku, Alberta has the following opening: Machine Opeator
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the Machine Operator will be operating hydraulic presses, band says, hydraulic punches and shears.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Be competent in operating the shop fork lifts, overhead and Jib cranes to load and unload pallets and pallet tables.
- As experience is gained, participate willingly in training to learn different functions and jobs in the fabrication shop.
- Provide general labour support to the fabrication shop including but not limited to assisting the material handlers in moving parts and effective clean-up and the accurate and timely completion of paper work.
- Ability to perform basic preventative maintenance and visual inspections.
- Be punctual, reliable and be available to work unexpected hours.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks within established timeframes, as directed.
- Must have the ability to visually recognize possible errors in welded components and in parts not yet assembled.
- Must be proficient in reading all measuring devises including squares, measuring tapes and levels
- Must have the ability to read and understand blue prints and bill of materials
The successful incumbent in this position will possess
- A valid Driver's license
- Good verbal communications skills and a positive attitude
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work closely with fellow employees
- Ability to life 50 lbs max and frequently life and carry 25 lbs
- Previous experience with material handling and inventory control expereince considered an asset
- Previous manual labour work experience considered an asset
- Previous experience with safely and efficiently operating an overhead crane and forklift considered an asset
- Hours of Work: This position is based on a 12-hour (6 am - 6 pm) weekend shift rotation.
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully undergo medical, drug, and alcohol testing prior to commencement of employment.
- Please note that Nisku is located approxiametly 12 kms north of Edmonton with limited access to public transportation. The successful incumbent of this position will require reliable transportation.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.