Pro E CAD Application Specialist (30801) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Team member role in the on-going support of CAD including Pro Engineer and Autodesk products, and CAD data management using Windchill (PDMLink). The role includes training and support of end users in Weatherford’s multi-company, multi-national environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support end users via HelpDesk incidents in performing business activity in Windchill PDM software and CAD systems.
- Assist with testing and deployment of new functionality in the software.
- Participate in the error correction and upgrade of the applications as needed.
- Conduct training for users of the software.
- Periodic, project-oriented out-of-town and/or overseas travel may be required for requirements definition and implementation purposes.
- Potentially significant overtime hours may be required depending on project deadlines and overall business requirements.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be required within the physical constraints of this position.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Pro E CAD software experience as a user or in a support role.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office software products such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Self starter with solid interpersonal skills, projecting a very positive customer service oriented attitude.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills- both from a functional and technical perspective.
- Individual must be adaptive to change and respond to direction.
- High school diploma
- College or technical school in engineering, drafting or related fields
- Autodesk CAD (Inventor or AutoCAD) experience as a user or in a support role.
- Windchill (PDMLink) experience as a user or in a support role.
- Engineering background in mechanical, electrical or other fields
- Experience working with HelpDesk software packages
- Oil field experience in manufacturing, procurement, inventory management or other area
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.