Shop Technician (Rentals) - Red Deer, AB (31309) Red Deer, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford is currently seeking a Shop Technician to support our Drilling Tools (Rentals) division based in Red Deer, AB.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Maintaining various oil field rental equipment
- Assisting mechanics as instructed by Shop Foreman
- Communicating to Supervisor any unsafe working conditions that are observed and adhere to safe working procedures
- Learning and performing equipment maintenance and repairs as assigned
- Actively participating in all safety meetings
- Performing shop housekeeping and general duties as assigned in a safe manner while following procedures to ensure job specifications are met
- Grade 12 diploma (or equivalent)
- Valid driver's license with a clean abstract
- Ability to frequently lift and move 50lbs.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Able to interact and perform successfully within a team environment
- Mechanically inclined, self starter working with limited supervision
- Able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol testing.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.