Assembler - Nisku (29571) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Ampscot Products and Services, a division of Weatherford, is a recognized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of oilfield products aiding in oil and gas production worldwide.
The Weatherford Ampscot location, in Nisku, Alberta has the following opening: Assembler
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the Assembler will perform mechanical assembly of moderate complexity using hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices such as tapes, guages, calipers and micrometers in accordance with established procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Asssemble complex components
- May perform tests to ensure correct assembly
- May troubleshoot assemblies to find mistakes
- Packaging and polishing
- Material handline
- Weld preparation
- Assist in training Assemblers I and II with learning job duties
- Know and understand Weatherford OCM Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Engineering Standards and Work Place Instructions
- Understand and comply with all safety and environmental requirements
- Other duties as assigned within the physical constraints of the job
The successful incumbent in this position will possess the following experience or knowledge:
- Technical school or equivalent job training
- 4 years (or more) or assembly experience
- Good verbal communications skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondance, and memos in English
- Ability to follow oral instructions
- Ability to read a measuring tape, micrometer and calipers
- Ability to change setup on operations and do simple troubleshooting and adjustments
- Ability to work closeley with fellow employees
- Ability to life 50 lbs max and frequently life and carry 25 lbs
- Previous experience with safely and efficiently operating an overhead crane and forklift considered an asset
Hours of Work: This position is based on a 10-hour shifts M - TH with the possibility of overtime when required based on business needs.
The successful candidate will be required to successfully undergo medical, drug, and alcohol testing prior to commencement of employment. As well, a clean and clear driver's abstract is required for this position.
Please note that Nisku is located approxiametly 12 kms south of Edmonton with limited access to public transportation. The successful incumbent of this position will require reliable transportation.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.