Service Technician (Wellhead) - Nisku (29269) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated competency on all Level 2 responsibilities.
- Be prepared to work overtime hours, / on call as workload requires.
- Responsible for complying with safety reporting requirements and complying with all safety regulations relating to both Weatherford and External customers. This includes completing/ reviewing required Job Safety Analysis ( JSA) as it relates to the task being performed on customer locations.
- Unsupervised lubricator and side entry tools
- Landing and testing multiple string hangers
- Familiar with paper flow system
- Assist in training Level One and Level Two Service Techs
- Very comfortable in a sour gas environment
- Able to troubleshoot all field problems quickly and decisively
- Good knowledge of all WFT Drill Thru equipment
- Meets requirements for WFT driving policies
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Meets Level 2 qualifications
- Ability to demonstrate JSA process to junior employees
- Advanced WFT product knowledge
- General knowledge of competitor products
- Demonstrated advanced mechanical aptitude
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing ( abstract provided)
- Ability to travel to customer lease oil site in company vehicle
- Demonstrated ability not only to anticipate the next step in a process but act as resource in that capacity
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Successfully completing required safety courses as designated by Weatherford and external customers
- Attention to detail
- Being able to work as part of a team in a team atmosphere
- Prior oilfield and forklift experience an asset
Required Training (to be provided)
- Computer systems
- Multi-string tubing hangers
- 15 000 lb equipment
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.