Quality Control Inspector - Ampscot (Nisku) (28449z) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
PURPOSE OF THE POSITON
Working with Managers and Supervisors, the primary function of this position is to test and inspect products at various stages of production and assembly, as well as to compile and evaluate statistical data to ensure Weatherford delivers a product in the most cost efficient way while meeting our quality and reliability standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Select products for tests at specified stages in production process, and test products for a variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical or chemical characteristics.
- Record test data, applying quality control procedures.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Set up destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Prepare graphs or charts of data or enter data into computer for analysis.
- Assist in training Inspectors I, II, III
- Setting up and using Dial Bore Gages, Height Gauges and Faro Arm
- Other duties as assigned and within the physical constraints of the job
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Ideally, the successful incumbent in this position will possess the following experience or knowledge:
- Complete understanding of Geometric Tolerance and Dimensioning GT&D
- Experience and ability using API Thread Connections including API 5B, 5B1, and 7.2
- Knowledge of Metallic Hardness Inspection Bench and Portable to ASTM E10 and ASTM E18 Standards
- Knowledge of Elastomer Hardness testing Shore A and D
- Knowledge of Surface Plate and height gage inspection technique
- Familiarity with circular run-out, total run-out and concentricity
- Ability to read, visualize, and interpret engineering drawings and Bills of Material
- Experience setting up and using Dial Boar Gages, Height Gauges, and Faro Arm.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection processes.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Have good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with a diverse team of peers, Supervisors, and Managers
- Hours of Work:This position is based on a 40 hour work week (8hrs per day) with the possibility of overtime when required based on a business need.
- The successful candidate will be required to successfully undergo medical, drug, and alcohol testing prior to commencement of employment, as well as provide a valid and clear driver’s abstract.
- Please note that Nisku is located approximately 12 kms north of Edmonton with limited public transportation. The successful incumbent of this position will require public transportation.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development