Field Service Electrical Technician (Production Optimization) (28969) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
This role can be based out of various locations. (Edmonton, Drayton Valley, Rocky Mountain House, Swan Hills, Peace River, Whitecourt, GP)
- Test, install, program and repair Variable Frequency Drives, Rod Pump Controllers, Clearwell and other electrical and electronic devices in field.
- Troubleshooting of Production Optimization systems and related electrical equipment.
- Maintaining existing process for Production Optimization systems and development of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Journeyman/ Electrician or Instrumentation technician.
- Previous knowledge and experience with Variable Frequency Drives and high voltage systems.
- Previous experience with Production Systems is considered an asset.
- Capability of travel throughout Canada.
- Valid passport required or capability of obtaining a passport for travel is required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated computer skills/ ability to operate laptop computer system
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Capability of working overtime and week ends as required
- Effective communicator with customers/ fellow employees
- Being able to work in a team environment
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development