Mechanic - Production Systems (27179) Lloydminster, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
WEATHERFORD is a recognized industry leader in the design, manufacturing and deployment of oilfield products aiding oil and gas production worldwide. Presently, WFT- Production Systems Surface Equipment (Service Dept) in Lloydminster, Alberta is recruiting for a Shop/Field Mechanic to perform the following duties:
- Rebuild oilfield equipment to improve performance and maintain company image.
- Evaluate equipment minimize repairs.
- Minimize job expenses and use care and attention when operating equipment.
- Troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems.
- Actively participate in all shop activities.
- Follow safety rules and regulations including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Report safety related issues to direct report.
- Identify opportunities to improve production and reduce waste and risk reduction.
- Perform house keeping and general maintenance.
- .Capability of responding to customer field locations for on site repairs
- Capability of working overtime and week-ends
- Grade 12 diploma (or equivalent) with knowledge of mechanics hydraulic background.
- Must be a ticketed Journeyman or 3rd year automotive/ Heavy duty mechanic apprentice
- Safety minded individual with valid class 5 operators license
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Mechanically inclined, self starter working with limited supervision.
- Able to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines and interact responsibly with coworkers at all times.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.