Wireline Base Manager (27724) Estevan, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
- Manage the daily operations of the District in accordance with Company policy, governmental legislation, and quality service goals, through the effective and efficient use of its financial, capital, and human resources.
- Maintain good relationships Clients and help in generating new client.
- Has direct or indirect responsibility for all personnel at location.
- Determine need for equipment and supplies and maintains appropriate levels of inventory.
- Schedule supervisors and is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of their work, reports and expenses.
- Perform any service, repair or maintenance task necessary when "hands on" assistance is needed.
- Oversee general maintenance of equipment and facility.
- Recognize problems and improvements needed and pass these on to upper management.
- Maintain adequate, trained and motivated staff of district personnel and insure compliance with Company personnel policies and all governmental health, safety and fair employment practices.
- Approves all financial documents for accuracy including purchase orders, invoices, expense reports and petty cash transactions.
- Submit all required reports on a timely basis.
- Available on a 24 hours call basis to respond to customer and employee needs.
- With assistance from HR: recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
· Minimum 5 years oil field experience
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills
· Advanced computer skills
· Strong leadership and quality skills
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Should complete product line specific Weatherford training
· Multi-tasking ability
· Advanced knowledge of all Weatherford products and services
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.