QC Technician (Edmonton) (36953) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
- Conducts routine quality control testing of products manufactured by the Rod Plant using metallurgical testing equipment for tensile and hardness testing.
- Prepares metallurgical specimens for testing.
- Analyzes and documents product test results. Prepares technical material test reports. Organizes and files test results for future reference.
- Completes routine maintenance on lab equipment. Operates within the lab in a highly organized, professional, and clean manner.
- Conducts quality control testing to support Field Services operations, where applicable.
- Provides inspection support for quality plans, incoming, in-process and finished products.
- Generates all work orders in JDE.
- Performs other related duties assigned by Laboratory Manager or other Rod Plant management.
- Establishes safe working habits and environmental awareness and observes all safety requirements and procedures of the job; informs management of any safety policy violations or potential safety hazards through the Hazard Identification process.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement by following documented procedures, communicates problem situations and assists in providing solutions, and makes recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering Technology related to Materials.
- Previous laboratory experience is desirable
- Experience with metallurgical products and properties and knowledge of hazardous materials and proper handling
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with JD Edwards preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to work rotational shifts (12 hrs 4 on/4 off)
- Successful completion of a Pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol test
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.