Training & Development Advisor (28006) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Supports the development of training and competency for the Global Training & Development team by assisting with the design, development and organization of their training curriculum and through the writing, testing and publishing of electronic and classroom instructional design materials for the delivery of training. This Role will be Houston based.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in meetings & discussion with customers to interpret & define learning objectives to commence a needs analysis.
- Working with the Instructional Designer and/or T&D Manager, take information provided by the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and collate content requirements to support further development of learning requirements.
- Assist in and have the ability to conduct a detailed needs analysis of agreed learning requirements including target learners, learning environments & content analysis.
- Complete a “story booking/boarding” of curricula.
- Participate and assist in the development of an instruction strategy to meet designated learning objectives and ensure optimal learner engagement in accordance with adult learning principles and instructional design theory.
- Communicate requirements to and review product produced by third party support services as directed.
- Utilize planning materials and framework to develop learner curriculum.
- Post learning development - participates in a detailed learning product review to ensure it is “fit for purpose”.
- Provides support to clients in managing existing material through technology and revision changes in accordance with business needs.
- Assists in the publishing process for all finalized curricula, including support elements such as instructor guides, participant guides, supporting media etc.
- Advise teaching and administrative staff in curriculum development, use of material and equipment.
- Recommend the purchase of instructional materials, supplies, equipment and visual aids designed to meet training needs.
- Organize production and design of curriculum materials.
- Research, prepare and evaluate recommendations on curricula, instructional methods, and materials to be used in training classes.
- Develop instructional materials to be used by instructors.
- Advises and works with regional T&D teams on the project implementation phase.
- Builds SCORM compliant eLearning.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of principles and methods for instructional and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effectiveness.
- Applies knowledge of adult learning theories and processes.
- Conducts needs assessment and analysis to enable the design and development of courses, both instructor-led and e-Learning.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge for the design and development of training materials such as participant guides, instructor guides and presentations for instructor-led courses.
- Knowledge and development of storyboards for the development of e-Learning courses.
- Excellent written, oral, and visual media communication skills.
- Proficient typing skills.
- General computer knowledge and experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge in the use of Authoring tools such as Articulate, Camtasia and Captivate.
- Able to work without constant supervision.
- Able to multi-task, work flexible hours and work amiably with others within the department.
- Good organizational skills and a familiarization with project management procedures.
- Good problem-solving skills and willing to be accountable for their decisions.
- Ability to work with others to research and develop course objectives.
- Basic understanding of an Oilfield Service company.
Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning Theory, Human Resources Development or related field and 5 years experience, OR Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning Theory, Human Resources Development or related field and 3 years experience in a related field
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Applied knowledge of adult learning theory
- Knowledge of instructional design strategies and techniques for the development of training material.
- Experience in the application of instructional design techniques.
- Ability to conduct front end analysis.
- Knowledge of assessment techniques and ability to conduct evaluation of training programs.
- Ability to travel internationally, if necessary.
- Articulate, Camtasia and Captivate authoring software experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with graphic design and communication
- Knowledge of a second language; native to a country of Weatherford operations.