Administrative Clerk (32379) Broussard, Louisiana
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Perform administrative functions in accordance with policies determined by or in conjunction with management. Provide general administrative and clerical support including, but not limited to, billing, accounts payable, and monthly reports.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles all incoming phone calls and redirects as required. Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, reads and routes incoming mail, and performs other administrative and clerical duties.
- May assist with billing process for location including entry of sales and transfer orders into computer system. Will assist in EDI order entry and follow up on related inquires. Also receives incoming purchase and intra company orders into system. May assist in ordering of replacement inventory. May also assist with inventory cycle counting process.
- May assist with account payable functions for location.
- May act as custodian for local documents and records including scanning of processed invoices and bills.
- Prepares memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to supervisory workers.
- Relieves receptionist as required for breaks / lunch.
- Trains employees on administrative matters; addressing complaints and assist in resolving problems with Manager or Human Resources advice.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Good verbal communication skills
- 3-4 years of general clerical and administrative experience
- Knowledge of billing practices and controls
- Prior billing or accounting experience helpful
- Proficient typing skills
- General computer knowledge
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedules form
- Should be able to work and interact with all levels of personnel
· The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.