Buyer - Ampscot (Nisku) (33758) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
This position performs assignments related to the procurement of materials, or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as equipment and supplies for establishment. Responsible for selecting and negotiating with approved vendors, assuring the timeliness of delivery and accuracy of orders, and following up with vendors when there is a problem with delivery.
- Interview and confer with vendors to purchase quality products/services with timely deliveries at the best price.
- Expedite current purchase orders for delivery.
- Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts with budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintain manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchases, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Enter Purchase Orders into JDE.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Perform all clerical requirements, as needed, with reference to specific responsibilities.
- Develop reliable sources of supply and sound supplier relationships.
- Provide information to the General Manager/Purchasing Manager, as required, for monthly reports.
- Maintain ethical conduct with all supplier relations.
- Maintain open communication lines with other departments.
- Assist with continuous improvement activities that provide cost reductions and/or improved processes.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Minimum 4 years of buying experience
- Buying experience with raw materials and machine parts
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Familiarization with manufacturing and service environment
- Prior purchasing and negotiation experience
- Proficient typing skills
- General computer knowledge
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedules form
- Be able to work and interact with all levels of personnel
- Enrolment or completion of the SCMP (Supply Chain Management Professional) Designation from PMAC an asset
- Equivalent Diploma/Degree in Business from an accredited educational institution
- Experience with JDE Operating System preferred
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings an asset
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.