Hedge Fund Senior Java Developer (HA-12306750) Boston, Massachusetts
Hedge Fund Senior Java Developer
A leading assist management firm is seeking a “jack of all trades” Java Developer. This is a full life cycle Java Developer position. As the full life cycle Java Developer you will be implementing the application from the very beginning, which mean gathering requirements through liaising with clients, design, test driven development and deployment. My client is looking to grow their IT headcount to meet the needs of the business. This is a great opportunity for an established Java professional, with exceptional skills, to contribute to a growing IT team and make an immediate impact in the financial market. The Java Developer will work directly with the business users to support sophisticated and highly integrated systems.
Java Developer Responsibilities:
- Develop and enhance proprietary Java applications.
- Develop and enhance integration with external applications and data sources.
- Provide second tier support for proprietary applications and related batch processing.
- Work with business users and business analyst, and assist in requirements gathering, specifications and test planning.
- Work with the IT team to establish best practices.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years front-office equity portfolio management or trading systems experience
- 4+ years Java experience
- 2+ years SQL experience
- Experience with R helpful
This position is located in Boston. My client is looking to hire immediately. This is a great opportunity to be involved in all aspects of Java development and demonstrate your skill set in an evolving market. Person of contact: Christopher Woolston Huxley Associates