Assistant Vice President Application Services (HA-12320451) Boston, Massachusetts
Assistant Vice President Application Services
A national bank is seeking an Assistant Vice President to be responsible for the development, delivery and support of applications that serve the banking systems. The AVP position will embrace new technologies to solve business problems. As the Assistant Vice President you will be responsible for directing 30+ individuals including business analysts, project managers, database analyst, data architects and developers. The ability to manage these relationships is a key success factor.
Assistant Vice President Responsibilities:
- Direct the activities of Application Services.
- Develop, deliver and support applications using a variety of technologies (portal, J2EE, Sharepoint, web services, mobile applications, SQL, Oracle).
- Champion new technology to solve business problems and improve staff function.
- Collaborate with the business areas to understand their challenges and propose solutions that add business value.
- Maintain current and future skill sets of staff and encourage their professional development.
Assistant Vice President Qualifications:
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience in an IT environment.
- 10 years of application development experience.
- A demonstrated record of high performance and leadership in the areas of application development and support including portfolio, program and project management.
- Sense of urgency to meet objectives in a fast-paced environment.
This position is based in downtown Boston. The salary is competitive and comes with a great benefits package. Contact: Christopher Woolston Huxley Associates Boston.