Principal Java Developer: Finance (HA-12306750) Boston, Massachusetts
A leading asset management firm is seeking a Principal Java Developer. As the Principal Developer you will be mentoring a team that implements trading applications from the very beginning. The Principal Developer will be responsible for gathering requirements through liaising with clients, design, test driven development and deployment of Java applications. My client is looking to grow their developer headcount to meet the needs of the growing business. This is a great opportunity for an established Java professional, with exceptional skills, to mentor a growing team and make an immediate impact in the financial market. The Principal Developer will work directly with the business users to support sophisticated and highly integrated systems in a fast-paced front office environment.
- Develop and enhance proprietary Java applications.
- Develop and enhance integration with external applications and data sources.
- Work with business users and business analyst, and assist in requirements gathering, specifications and test planning.
- Work with the IT team to establish best practices.
- Mentor a growing team of developers.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science
- 6+ years software development experience
- 2+ years front-office equity portfolio management or trading systems experience
- 5+ years Java experience
- 3+ years SQL experience
This position is located in Boston. My client is looking to hire immediately. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate your skill set in an evolving market. Person of contact: Christopher Woolston Huxley Associates Boston.